Tuesday, February 22, 2011

These Have I Loved

We read a poem entitled "These Have I Loved." It was about ordinary everyday things that the author loved. We were instructed to do the same and title it the same.

These Have I Loved
I love many simple things, all of them subtle.
The sound of blasters and the hum of a glowing blade,
The anticipation felt while waiting on a Disney shuttle.
The laughter of friends is something I would never trade.
The coolness of a summer night and the newness of springtime,
The pools of water leaking from the snow,
The pain caused by finding the perfect rhyme,
An embarrassed smile and a winking text that helps you know,
The smell of a freshly mown lawn,
Staying awake and talking until dawn,
Far away memories of a dead friendship, long-gone.
These things have I loved, they have brought me joy,
From the time I was small, just a little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment