Sunday, November 6, 2011

Waiting



Waiting…

I sit here, tired of waiting, so tired.
Why? Why must it take so long?
Why does everything feel so wrong?
I’ve been waiting for some time now,
All the while, I thought things were getting better.
I thought the darkness had passed.
I was wrong.
Why though?
I should stop asking that.
I know why.
The real question should be how do I stop the hurt?
Is it possible?
I feel as though I’m already too burnt.
I miss the times of old.
When smiles hid what the lips kept untold.
When the pain was hidden.
When I was ignorant.
But wait, do I really want to go back?
I guess not.
I’m just sick of the waiting.
I want it to be over, no matter the outcome.
That sounds wrong, I know, but maybe, deep down, you feel that way too.
But, we must persevere.
The prize is worth it, the prize is dear.
Do not give up,
I will try my best.
Will you try to?
Are we up for the test?


This is dedicated to my mentor. The man I look up to more than anyone else. He's made some mistakes in his life, but that just makes him human. I hope that this encourages him. Remember, never give up, never back down. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment