Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life


Life
I was happy.
I was free of worries.
I loved life.
Then it happened.
That day, the truth came out.
People were hurt and crying.
I was crying too.
But then I got over it.
I moved on.
Life went on.
The pain still stung every once in a while.
Like a wound from a Mordor blade,
the wound would never truly heal.
I believed I was okay.
I went about my life again,
acting like nothing happened.
A new light came into our world,
so soon after one had gone.
We rejoiced.
We were happy.
Life didn’t like that.
Then the sickness came,
and with it more sorrow.
I lost my grandma that day.
My mommy lost her mommy.
Our family changed.
I moved on,
following my path to adulthood.
I tried so hard to hold onto what I once pushed away.
I had to let go.
I did.
I was okay.
I spent my time toiling away,
hoping I wouldn’t regret it.
I do,
and I don’t.
Life was happening.
I was okay with that.
Then that day came.
Then more tears came.
Then our lives changed again.
I feel as though I lost something.
Something I didn’t even know I had.
I lost a friend.
I lost some hope.
The pain from that wound so long ago,
reopened with a new vengeance.
I felt empty.
Then life changed again.
I moved into my new life,
feeling unprepared and worried.
I managed.
I scraped through that time,
all the while looking toward the end.
I made it.
I was so happy.
Then I toiled and worked some more.
I gave up my relaxation.
I gave up my rest.
Then, I came back.
But something was different.
I felt more empty.
I feel more empty.
I look back at what once used to be.
I look back at what I hated.
I know I’m a fool.
I miss those times.
I miss my life before that first stab.
The first cut from that long gone friend,
Tearing my heart,
breaking my soul.
It was so needless.
It was so painful.
Life was more simple.
Life goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment