Friday, September 14, 2012

A pinch of self-pity



                Who wants to hear about the most trying period of my life? Well, I’ll give a short explanation of my summer. It was filled with heartache, frustration, occasional happiness, and tears. Just a short list of some of what I dealt with: Exhaustion from overwork, car vandalism amounting to over $1000 in repairs, family pet dying, failing two courses, relationship budding, relationship getting crapped on, leaving a church I had grown up in, awesome family vacation, and, most importantly, the best friends I could ever have. It was a busy and confusing summer. I couldn’t wait for it to be over. I know that if it wasn’t for my parents and my friends this summer would have crushed my spirit. But I know that it was just God trying me and showing me what I could handle. I’m not saying I enjoyed it and I definitely don’t ever want to be subjected to anything like it again, but, I know it was for the better.

Romans 8:28:  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

P.S. Seriously, Bella, Bart, Caleb, Mom, and Dad, I couldn’t have gotten through this without you. I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment