Monday, December 13, 2010

Mr. Skunk's Lesson

For Literature class I had to write a childrens story.

Mr. Skunks Lesson
          Once upon a time, in a far off land, there was a wonderful world very different from our own. This place was known as Makobelevo. In this magical new world, the mountains were pink and purple, the sky was a bright yellow, and the sun was a vibrant red. Unlike our boring dwelling,, Makobelevo was fully alive, from the sun that would wink at you, right down to the flowers that would sing magnificent tunes to you as you pass. Also, there were no humans, just multicolored animals of all kinds and all sizes.
          In this place of enchantment there was a city called Noname. In this city, there lived Mr. Skunk and Mr. Fox. These two were the best of friends; they had known each other all of their lives! But, there was one thing that Mr. Fox and Mr. Skunk did not agree upon. Mr. Fox was a very clean little fox. He loved to take baths. He loved to be squeaky clean and he loved to be smelly good. Mr. Skunk, on the other hand, hated to take baths. He loved the feeling of mud caked on his fur and he thought that his scent was quite pleasurable! It had gotten so bad that finally Mr. Fox had started to complain.
                   “Mr. Skunk” started Mr. Fox “when, if I may ask of course, was the last time, don’t be offended now, when did you last take a bath?” Mr. Fox asked uneasily
                   “Oh, I don’t know” said Mr. Skunk “a day or two ago, maybe a week. It could very well be two weeks, I’m not really sure. I definitely remember taking one a month ago.” Mr. Fox stared at Mr. Skunk and wrinkled his nose.
                   “A month!?!” said Mr. Skunk, shocked, “May I ask why, again, do not be insulted, why have you not bathed in a month?
                   “Oh, I don’t know, I just didn’t want to. I’m a busy little skunk with no time to waste on such useless things as that. Besides, I don’t even need one yet; I’m still as fresh as that rose over there.” Mr. Skunk said as he pointed towards a rose that was trying very hard not to breath and was on the verge of passing out. “Hmmm, he looks a little sick.”
                   “Oh no, I’m sorry Mr. Skunk, but you are very wrong.” Mr. Fox said as he pulled Mr. Skunk away from the wilting flower. It gasped in relief and gave Mr. Skunk a dirty look before turning around to ignore them. “You are NOT as fresh as a rose. I’m sorry to tell you this, but you have become very smelly, no offence intended of course.” Mr. Fox explained.
                   “Nonsense that is your opinion Mr. Fox, perhaps you just have something stinky plugging your nose.” Said Mr. Skunk
                   “I’m sorry, but you are wrong again Mr., Skunk. I am not the only one who has noticed your offensive smell.” Said Mr. Fox
                   “Oh? Who else has said such a rude thing about me?” asked Mr. Skunk.
                   “I believe, please forgive me, that the better question would probably be, ‘Who has NOT said such a thing?’ You see, the number would be far smaller.” Said Mr. Fox
                   “Do you mean” said Mr. Skunk, upset now, “That everyone finds me smelly?”
                   “I’m afraid so Mr. Skunk.” Said Mr. Fox
                   “Why hasn’t anybody said anything to me? I hate to make people dislike me.” Cried Mr. Skunk     
                   “It’s not like there were no clues. Did you not notice that all of the woodland creatures have stopped asking you to join them for tea?” asked Mr. Fox
                   “I did but…” said Mr. Skunk
                   “And all of the flowers have stopped singing to you as you walk by. When you are near, they are too busy coughing and wheezing to utter a single note!” said Mr. Fox
                   “Oh dear! What have I done!?!” cried Mr. Skunk “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know! Will you ever forgive me?”
                   “Of course” said Mr. Fox “but first, you must go take a bath.”
                   “I will, I promise I will! I will go do it right now!” shouted Mr. Skunk as he scampered off to go get clean.
          And so, Mr. Skunk went home and took a bath. It had been so long that he had almost forgotten what to do! Eventually he managed, and, when he was finished, he ran back to Mr. Fox as quick as he could.
                   “Well?” said Mr. Skunk as he paraded in front of Mr. Fox “What do you think?
                   “Did you clip your claws?” asked Mr. Fox
                   “Of course.” Said Mr. Skunk
                   “Clean your ears?”
                   “Yep”
                   “Wash your tail?”
                   “Yes yes!!” said Mr. Skunk “I did everything necessary! What do you think!?!”
                   “I think it’s marvelous! You smell and look wonderful!” Mr. Fox cheered with great joy. “But remember Mr. Skunk, you have to continue this, you can’t just take one bath a month anymore.”
                   “Oh, don’t worry Mr. Fox, from now on, I promise to take a bath at least once a week!” said Mr. Skunk
                   “Well, that’s definitely better, but…” said Mr. Fox
                   “What? Do I need to do it more than that?” asked Mr. Skunk
                   “But of course! Once a week is not enough!” said Mr. Fox
                   “How about twice a week? Will that be good?” asked Mr. Skunk
                   “Well…” said Mr. Fox
                   “More!?!” cried Mr. Skunk “What about three times?”
                   “Closer.” said Mr. Fox
                   “Four? Five?” said Mr. Skunk
                   “You are almost there Mr. Skunk.” said Mr. Fox
                   “Do you mean, you can’t be serious. Do I really have to take a bath every day?” whined Mr. Skunk
                    “That’s right Mr. Skunk, everyday. That way you can always smell great and look clean.” Said Mr. Fox
                   “But I don’t want to take that many baths!” cried Mr. Skunk
                   “I’m sorry Mr. Skunk, but if you don’t, I’m afraid I won’t be able to be your friend anymore.” Mr. Fox said sadly
                   “Well, I guess if it means that, then I promise to bathe everyday from now on.” said Mr. Skunk
          From that day forward, nobody ever had a problem with Mr. Skunk again. He learned the importance of personal hygiene and wasn’t a disgusting slob anymore. His friends once again invited him for tea and even let him spend the night with them. The flowers too had forgiven him, now as he walked through the grassy meadows, they would sing beautiful music to him. Mr. Skunk had learned his lesson, and they all lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment