Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Just Ask

This story had to be in three parts. It is the same story, written three different times, from three different points of view.

Just Ask

Fred

                        “Just go ask her, please.” Fred said. They were sitting outside the college cafeteria having a quiet argument.
                        “Why don’t you ask her yourself?” George asked. “Why do I have to go see if she likes you?”
                        “Because,” Fred explained “I can’t just walk up to a girl and ask her something like that!”
                        “Oh, but I can? How will it be less weird if I ask?” George exclaimed.
            Fred tried to make him understand but he could tell that his friend had stopped listening. George was looking up into the clear blue sky. Fred followed his eyes and saw a pigeon glide to the ground, right next to Emma. She threw some bread to the pigeon and walked inside with her friend.
                        “Oh forget it! It’s too late now.” Fred sighed, obviously annoyed.

Emma

                                “Emma? Emma! Hey, look at me!” Alice said “Man, what is wrong with you?”
                                “Hmm? Oh, sorry.” Emma apologized, now embarrassed. She hastily looked away from the two boys, who were obviously arguing in hushed tones.
                                “Why don’t you just go ask him out?” Alice chided her, “I heard that he likes you.” She whispered suspiciously.
                                “Yeah, but you know that I don’t like doing that, I’m waiting for him to make the first move.” Emma explained, “Maybe today he will ask. Did you notice that they keep looking over here?”
                                “Yeah, I noticed, but it doesn’t matter. If he was planning on it he waited too long. Come on, we have to get to class.” Alice reminded her.
                Just then a pigeon landed next to Emma and looked up expectantly, wanting something to eat. Emma sighed , threw the remnants of her sandwich to the pigeon, and left with Alice.
               


The Bird

                   “Hungry. So hungry. I hope I can find some food. Oh, look, it’s lunchtime at college! I can usually get some good food there. There are two boys, maybe they will give me something. Ugh, they are too busy arguing. All they have left are cheetos anyway, I hate those things. Clog my throat. Ooo, that girl looks like she is done. Yes! Bread! My favorite! Goodbye nice girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment