Wednesday, April 3, 2013

As the days go by...



            Well, it happened. I’m officially an adult. I don’t feel any different. Still confused about life, still a struggling college student, and still wanting to become more. To me age seems to be just a number now. It used to be a big deal to me, but I don’t think the same way I used to. I’ve passed all of the “important milestone” birthdays that I care about so far. The next big one for me I guess would be thirty. I can wait 10 years for that.
            I spent my birthday with my friends this year. It was weird being away from home for the first time on my birthday. Thankfully I have an amazing group of friends that can always make me feel good. I find myself relying more and more on them. I was such a different person before I met them.
            Last Saturday I found myself thinking over everything that has happened in the past two years. It was an overwhelming thought. As humans, we don’t really think about how much everything changes day to day. It isn’t until we sit down and reflect that we realize just how much is different. Two years ago I was planning my senior trip to New York City. One year ago I was at home watching a movie with my dad and sulking over a girl I had no chance with (I’m thankful this didn’t happen now). This year I spent with my friends. Who knows what the next year will bring? Will this be the year that God leads my future wife to me? No idea. Will I get the perfect job by my next birthday? I doubt it. I just need to continue forcing myself to trust that His Will is perfect. I need to relax. God, help me to relax.
Philipians 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
Matthew 6:34 “Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”
            

No comments:

Post a Comment